Pacquiao vs. Marquez (4)

***transferred from my old blog


 After Church yesterday first thing that I notice when I got home was the group of people in the living room all anxious. Then I remember t'was one of those Pacquiao fights that they don't wanna miss. I am not a boxing enthusiast so I just tried to catch a glimpse on the boob tube to see if Marquez already have the hey-my-face-have-blood-paint look just like what Manny does to his previous opponent. To my surprise Marquez was the one who punched Pacquiao so hard that he looks like he just saw a thousand stars circling around his head. That's the last scene I saw from the fight before I went upstairs to accompany my baby cousin while he sleeps. Few minutes later people downstairs were screaming (was actually thinking that Pacquiao already beats Marquez into a pulp), which later on I've discovered was because Pacquiao was Knockout during round 6.

    No big deal for me since I'm not a boxing fan I don't wanna join the hype of the post Pacquiao/Marquez fight. Well, not until I saw a news about Pacquiao's mom blaming Pastors over Pacquiao's lost and some netizens telling him that he shouldn't have change his religion.

    Seriously, people don't think first before they post/comment something. This kind of reaction from the people makes me sad. Why do people now preach that Manny losing over Marquez was because of his new found faith or what others say his new "religion". Wake up people; is this what we think of God who created us into His likeness? Who justifieth us from all our iniquities? God doesn't favor one religion over the other. One's religion is not important; it is your personal relationship with God. Losing doesn't mean you weren't favored. 

   I am not a fan of Manny, but because of how he handle his loss and how in a small way he proved that he was a totally changed man. Manny Pacquiao is a Grand slam winner for me, because at the end of the fight...

        ...he still have a living God who cares for him.
        ...Marquez may have grabbed his title but not his assurance of eternal life.

      For Manny Pacquiao always remember this...

Romans 12:2 ESV 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.      

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment