My Own Home Made Pita Bread

In order to lose weight I made a meal plan for myself and started customizing the recipes based on their availability here in my place and their cost :) ... I didn't also include yeast in my recipe.

So for my homemade pita here's what I did:


Ingredients:
3 cups of flour
1 tsp. of salt
1 tsp oil
1 cup milk
1 tsp calamansi juice
*few extra flour for kneading

1. Combine the flour and salt in a mixing bowl. In a separate bowl combine the oil, milk and calamansi juice. 2. Mix now the wet ingredients to the dry one until you were able to form a dough
3. Knead the dough for five minutes.
4. Roll the dough hprizontally and divide it into 12 parts. Knead each part to form a ball.
5. Preheat a skillet or griddle over medium heat fire.
5. Use a rolling pin to roll out the ball approximately 6 inches in diameter. Set aside.
6. Add a drop of oil or butter to the skillet then spread, and lay one circle flat in the pan for 90 seconds or until bubble begin to appear. Flip the other side until slightly browned.
7. Stack the cooked pitas with paper towel in between each one to absorb excess oil and to keep them from sticking together.

*Recipes are from Suzanne Akerman, eHow contributor. I just substituted some ingredients based on their availability at the time I made these pitas.

Now you can have a yummy pita that can serve as your main meal instead of rice. Serve it with your favorite meat or even veggies for vegetarian. You can also try to put Marinated Chicken in Cumin and Calamansi Pockets.

Do you love homemade? How 'bout sharing your recipes too? :)

xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment