No? Well, me too, but my ever-dearest boyfriend have a different say.
I was down with flu the whole week and because I'm having difficulty breathing, my boyfriend told me to eat lots of chilies or any spicy food so I can breathe properly. I didn't believe him of course, but that suggestion makes me crave to eat something spicy *in dreamy land* (bear with me cause I love spicy food ^-^)
So I've decided to cook some Cheese Stuffed Chilies Spring Roll. Sounds Yummy? YES! DEFINITELY *claps both hands in glee*
Okay enough of those let's start cooking as I am already starving :D
- Chili Fingers depends on how many you like (I have 25)
- Spring Roll wrappers, cut into halves
- 2 eggs, beaten
- at least 1/2 cup of flour or cornstarch
- 250g of cheese (1 small box)
- 1/3 cup of mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of ketchup
- 1 1/2 cup of oil for frying
- First, we need to wash the chilies and take out the seeds (If you want it to be more spicy leave some) set aside.
- Separate the spring roll wrapper and cut it into halves.
- Next, prepare the eggs and beat them thoroughly set aside.
- Put the flour or cornstarch in a plate for later use.
- Cut the cheese into sticks.
- Prepare the dip, mix the mayonnaise and the ketchup then set aside
- Stuffed the cheese in the chili fingers [be generous :D]
- Wrapped it in the spring roll wrapper
- Dip it in the egg and roll it on the flour/cornstarch
|TADA!!! here's how it looks before frying.|
I made cheese sticks also cause I have left over cheese and wrappers
- Set aside while preparing the pan and heating the oil. Once oil is heated deep fry the Chilies.
|Here's the finish product!!! YUMMY!!!|
(Sorry about the plating presentation I'm really hungry :P)
My aunt came over and ask me to prepare some on Sunday for the lunch fellowship that's how delicious they are!
I actually saw this recipe from Casa Veneracion, but I have a different name. I call it Chili Bomb :D Why? Because it's best to eat it right after cooking and when you bite it (just be careful, hot melted cheese can really burn your tongue) taste will explode inside your mouth like a bomb *winks*
How 'bout you guys?
Do you want to try this recipe?
It's easy and it's yummy. Even those who don't really cook at home can try it. Oh, before I forgot the cheese melts when you fry it so be sure to just make the wrapper crisp and out the pan they go.